Monday, April 5, 2010

What to Do with Leftover Easter Candy

Did Aunt Myrtle give the kiddos an extra dose of chocolate for Easter this year?  Are your kids eating candy for breakfast?  Here's my alternative to a sugar-induced coma...

We always travel to my mom's house for Easter.  I allow the kids to indulge in the sugary goodness of the weekend.  Then, when we return Sunday night, we pour all the candy into a collective ziploc.  And we make a big production of storing their Easter baskets in the closet for next year. 

I then separate the chocolate candy and marshmallow peeps from the rest of the candy (which is used for treats for extra chores, special lunchbox treats, crafts, etc.). 

The chocolate candy and peeps can be used with graham crackers to make Smores for Spring camping trips, sleepovers, or an evening by the pool.  Here's my quick and easy recipe:

One Smore:
2 graham crackers
2 or 3 mini Hershey bars
1 marshmallow Peep

Microwave about 40 seconds or until melty and YUMMY!!  :) 

1 comment:

I love to get reader comments!!