Monday, January 25, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY




(January 25, 2010)...

Outside my window...the sun is shining, and a slight breeze is rustling the leaves on the patio.  Lindsay is out there riding her tricycle around and around with Horsey and Bear tucked safely in her basket.

I am thinking...that I feel more like a maid than a homeschool teacher / mom.  Say it with me....PICK UP YOUR OWN SOCKS!!!

I am thankful for...our troops!  The fact that I can sit here in my nice, warm house, drive my new car, and still complain that I feel like a maid, makes me very thankful!


From the learning rooms... Trey is having a great day!  He has finished every single lesson and it's not even lunch time yet!  I am so proud of him!  Who says kids with ADD can't focus?  Give them a goal, make an attempt to find their learning style, and make learning FUN, and you'll find that they can do just as well as any "normal" kid!  :) 

From the kitchen... LOTS of boxes!  We're finally getting the storage unit stuff moved over.  There are boxes of wedding china, christmas china, pots, pans, corning wear, pyrex, loaf pans, muffin tins...lions and tigers and bears, OH MY!

I am wearing...jeans, Razorback long-sleeve tee.

I am remembering...how great it felt to be a kid, and that I need to chill out when my kids come home soaking wet with muddy shoes. 

I am creating...space in my garage so we can convert it to a homeschool room.  I can't wait to get all of our things back on the wall, and be able to have everything we need available!  :) 
I am going...and going, and going, and going, and going, and going!

I am reading...anything I can get my hands on!

I am hoping...that I can get everything together for a yard sale this weekend.  I really want my garage cleared out - did I mention that I really want my homeschool room back?! 

I am noticing....that the days are starting to become somewhat longer!  Come on Spring!!! 

I am pondering these words..."Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand."

I am hearing...Trey complaining that he has nothing to do.  LOL..."Here, do another worksheet!" 

Around the house...kids are eating lunch, laundry is going, hubs and dog are napping, and I'm wishing I could join them! 

One of my favorite things...my 600 thread count sheets - a splurge (found on sale) that every woman should treat herself to! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: starting my 2 week liquid pre-op diet on Wednesday (ugh!), yard sale this weekend, registering the kiddos for baseball/t-ball, church Wednesday night.  :) 
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Ok, so I'm not a photographer.  She does have two eyes, I promise!
I poured some sugar in a bowl and let Lindsay practice "writing" her letters.
She loves this activity!

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my Daybook!  If you would like to join in the fun, or simply check out other daybooks, stop by at Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get reader comments!!