Monday, January 18, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

                                                       
FOR TODAY

(January 18, 2010)...

Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly, and the birds are singing a happy song.  Probably something from the Carpenter's Greatest Hits album.  :)

I am thinking...that I just aged myself by my last remark.

I am thankful for...my family and home.  The past few weeks have been very cold and ugly outside.  I can't help but think about all those folks who do not benefit from a comfy bed, a fire to warm their toes, or a family to warm their hearts.

From the learning rooms...a lesson on the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  No other lessons today - we're taking the day off!!  :) 

From the kitchen...pancakes for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, and grilled chicken topped with fresh salsa and melted cheese for dinner.  YUM!!  :) 

I am wearing...jeans, gray v-neck tee. 

I am creating...a list of errands to run today.  Pet Smart, Car Inspection, blah, blah, blah...

I am going...to try to remember to keep things simple this week - not easy for me.

I am reading...Shadowland by Alyson Noel.  Not my favorite, but it'll get me through till the next book in my other regular series comes out. 

I am hoping...this sunshine and warm temps decide to hang around for a while!

I am hearing...the hubs get ready for work.  He works so hard so that I may stay home and homeschool Trey.  Love him dearly...

Around the house...pitter-patter of little feet, the smell of bacon and maple syrup, and only one load of laundry left to do until I'm caught up again. 

One of my favorite things...my snuggie and a good book - okay, that's 2 things, but you just can't have one without the other!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  more lesson planning, working on that wallpaper in the kid's bathroom.  I might decide to paint our bedroom - lots of odds and ends around the house to keep me busy for the next century. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Meet Stitch - our new old friend!
We adopted him from a friend who had been giving him a warm place to stay, after he showed up on her doorstep over Thanksgiving.  The owners were never located, and he's just too sweet to take to a shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get reader comments!!