Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What I'm Wearing

So I've lost a few pounds recently, and that's gotten me thinking more and more about fashion.  As you may know, I'm no longer a stay-at-home mom, which means that my typical wardrobe of buffet britches and t-shirts will no longer suffice.  I am a legal advocate and do need to dress professionally for court a couple of times a month, but for the most part, my office is pretty casual.  We can wear pretty much anything besides jeans with tears/holes and t-shirts....and I've even gotten by with a plain white tee dressed up with scarves, etc. before.  I figure if the boss lady tells me how nice I look, I'm good.

I've decided to start trying to post some of the outfits I've been wearing lately.  A little disclaimer...I can not afford expensive clothes.  I have 4 children (one of whom is in college), and I work for a non-profit.  That alone should shed some light on just how skim my clothing budget is.  :)  So most of my posts will feature things that are extremely budget conscious.  For instance...this entire outfit was less than $80.  If you leave out the bag, it was only about $42!  I used a comparable bag on the polyvore site, because I have no idea where I got mine, but I know it was less than $40.  :)  It's pretty similar to the one listed here though.  :)

(P.S.  I'm doing this via my polyvore boards because I'm not brave enough for cameras just yet.  We'll see how it goes...maybe one day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get reader comments!!